Johnson Medical Practice was rated "GOOD" at a recent CQC Inspection

Read our CQC report here, please scroll down and click on the link:

CQC Inspection Repot Hilltop Surgery CQC Inspection Report - Melbourne street Surgery


Comments & Complaints

We aim to provide you with the highest standards of care and welcome your feedback. Please take the time to advise us what you think is going well and what we could do better by completing this feedback form:



We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice. pad_and_pen

However, we are aware that things can go wrong sometimes resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

Most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily face to face often at the time they arise. as a first step you can speak to your GP or with the operational manager who will help to resolve your problem.


In many cases, the problem can be solved straightaway, and you won't need to take your complaint any further.

Getting help and advice

If you don't feel comfortable about talking to your GP or practice manager, you may want to seek advice.from:

your local Patient Advisory Liaison Service (PALS),  

PALS provide a confidential service designed to help patients get the most from the NHS. PALS can tell you more about the NHS complaints procedure and may be able to help you resolve your complaint informally.

your local Independent Complaints and Advocacy Service (ICAS).

ICAS is a national service that supports people who want to make a complaint about their NHS care or treatment. The Department of Health website has more information about ICAS.

NHS Complaints Advocacy Service - POhWER

NHS complaints advocacy is a statutory service. By law anyone who wishes to complain about their NHS care or treatment is entitled to advocacy support – whoever they are, whatever their complaint.

POhWER Advocacy has been commissioned by the local authorities to provide the NHS Complaints Advocacy service in Leicester City, Leicestershire and Rutland. The service is free, independent of the NHS and confidential.

You may also wish to contact POhWER, NHS Complaints Advocacy Service for support with your complaint.  POhWER provide a free, confidential and independent service to support people with their NHS complaint.

POhWER can be contacted in the following ways: Telephone: 0300 200 0084 or by email:  Their website address is:

NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

Taking your complaint further

If your concerns are not resolved, you may decide to make a formal complaint. You can do this:

• verbally by speaking to a member of staff at your GP surgery, or
• by writing to your GP surgery. You can send a letter, or fill in this formComplaint_Form.doc

Whether you complain verbally or in writing, you should receive an acknowledgment from your GP surgery within three working days of the complaint.

Your complaint should be answered within six months, unless you and your GP surgery agree that it can be answered within a different timescale.

If you're not happy with your GP surgery's reply, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

We are always keen to hear about problems you may be having. There is a suggestion box at the front entrance of the surgery.

Formal complaints should be made in writting marked confidential and addressed to the practice manager. You may use this 
Complaint_Form.doc if you wish.

The Partner at the practice responsible for the overall management of the complaints process is Dr B Patel.

Send your written complaint to:
Mrs Rucksana Patel
Johnson Medical Practice
22 Maidenwell Avenue
Leicester LE5 1BL

The Health Service Ombudsman

The Health Service Ombudsman has published a booklet that describes the ‘six principles for remedy’ in relation to complaints handling and involves:

  1. Getting it right
  2. Being customer focused
  3. Being open and accountable
  4. Acting fairly and proportionately
  5. Putting things right
  6. Seeking continuous improvements

If you remain unhappy after everything has been done to try to resolve your concern or complaint you have the right to approach the Ombudsman.
Tel: 0345 015 4033
Write: Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website